There is no known cure to nickel allergy.
Although steroids provide temporary relief, the only real cure is to completely avoid contact with nickel. This takes thought and attention. Take a look through this site for ideas and help for how to get a nickel allergy under control and making life more pleasant.
Nobody is born with a nickel allergy – it’s learned by the body after repeated or continuous contact with nickel – it can take years to develop. This is unfortunately too easy a situation to create either by wearing or using nickel-containing objects repeatedly or continuously.
It is possible for a Nickel Allergy to disappear but this can take 10-20 years to happen. So if you are allergic to Nickel, you will need to find a way to deal with it. It is obviously important to reduce or remove contact from Nickel in order for this to be a likelihood. Try to figure out how you became allergic to Nickel. I found that the spectacles I had worn for years had caused my allergy – the coating had worn away and exposed a Nickel based alloy which had been touching my skin every day for years. If you can track down the cause of your Nickel allergy and at least remove that then you have a much better chance of living in comfort and avoiding worsening symptoms.
Leave a Reply